Brazilian Barbeque? What sparks in your mind when you think of something Brazilian? Me, honestly I have no idea at all. So when I heard of a Brazilian Resto at the South of the Metro, I head on to Alabang Festival Mall to try.
Toucan Brazilian BBQ and Restaurant
- Festival Supermall, Unit 2205, Expansion Wing, Festival Supermall, Corporate Avenue, Filinvest City, Alabang, Muntinlupa
So I did some research and find that Toucan literally means a South American bird with a large brightly-coloured beak which have numerous symbolic meanings and it is Brazil’s national bird, as you can see in the restaurant’s logo. Toucan also symbolises communication and showmanship. For co-owner, “Batista”, Toucan means “Hope”. A hope that Brazilian Barbeque which he really loves, will also soon be known to the Philippine market.
Video: Toucan Brazilian Barbeque Buffet Restaurant
Toucan Brazilian BBQ Buffet Restaurant is a spacious restaurant good enough for 80 to 100 persons. It is a perfect place for family reunions, company gatherings, friendship celebrations or just to satify your craving for lunch or dinner buffet.
You will notice the “Brazilian feel”, colors of yellow and green all over the place and artwork fill the walls.
The buffet is situated at the right side, with a wine bar on the side, and an ice cream freezer beside the table for drinks.
Then I found this Videoke bar at the corner, they set it up here if one wants to sing along.
Food is amazing! Different choices of food are available at the buffet area. You will find that not only Brazilian barbeque are being served here but also your favorite Filipino, Chinese and Japanese dishes, salad selection like egg salad, macaroni salad, garden salad and many more. I’ve captured some of their dishes here.
This has been my favorite here, I think I had 3 servings of their macaroni salad
Comparing to Korean Barbeque, their meats were not marinated into different sauces but they just add salt to taste. But you can savor the taste of fresh meat, the Brazilian Barbeque difference is their grilling style and food service.
- Top sirloin
- Baby Beef
- Beef Rump
- Chicken legs
- Pork Belly
Just when you think you had it all on your plate then here comes their serving of Brazilian barbeques. So what makes the experience different is that all meats are placed on long skewers placed on racks over the fire. Waiters carry the skewers table to table and serve the goodness to your plate for as many as you want. NOW THAT’S THE GOOD NEWS – no need to line on que, nor rush to cook or get the meat burned (if you do the grilling).
I loved their sausage! We were served with beef, pork belly, chicken, shrimps, and even grilled pineapple (my 1st time to try).
Food choices is great, service is great. There are actually so many choices that I can’t even finish them all!
Plus, their owner and chef is also friendly, you can easily approach him if you have queries.
I’ve tried Toucan Brazilian BBQ Buffet with my daughter who were also fully satisfied.
My top 5 choices:
- Beef rump
- Pumpkin soup
- Macaroni salad
- Grilled pineapple
These meals can do better:
- Ham – it was too salty
- Baked Mac- I loved a little bit saucy for my baked mac, theirs was quite dry
- Only P699/person
- 50% Off for kids 4ft below
Lunch: 10:30am to 2:00pm
Dinner: 5:30pm to 9:00pm
- Festival Supermall, Unit 2205 Expansion Wing, Festival Supermall, Corporate Avenue, Filinvest City, Alabang, Muntinlupa
- If your coming from Commerce Avenue of Festival Mall just like we did, you will find quite a hard time looking for the place. To find the expansion wing, look for S&R, then walk straight, look for the expansion wing. When you reach the garden of the expansion wing, head on to the escalator (You will see Tim Hortons), go straight and see Starbucks (Toucan Brazilian BBQ Buffet Restaurant is beside Starbucks)
- The best way to get here is on the Civic Drive street, the one facing Asian Hospital, it was just infront.
Get to know them more, here 👇
- Facebook page: Toucan Brazilian BBQ Buffet Restaurant
- Contact #820-4433
Disclaimer: Our meals are courtesy of Toucan Brazilian BBQ Buffet Restaurant. This article is written with all my own opinion, thoughts and insights.
Help us update this article, if you know of any changes or updates, kindly comment below.
FOLLOW ME for more stories and updates