It’s nearly a month since President Duterte declared the “Enhanced Community Quarantine or ECQ” across Luzon. Lockdown is a common term being used by other countries. Leaving the majority clueless that “Staying at home” is easily said than done. Boredom surely strikes.
I have been a stay at home mom for over a year now, with occasional business transactions and blogging on the side. Though most of the time I am at home, I also didn’t expect that literally just staying at home (and not allowed to travel), will really test our patience.
Staying at Home does not mean that we will just go lazy all day, sleep and sober over what’s happening in the world, we can use this extra time.
So for some of you who are having a hard time staying at home, here are some few tips or things to do to help us be productive while killing time.
ACTIVITIES TO DO WHILE ON LOCKDOWN
1. Gardening is one of the best ways to kill time, and be productive while at home.
Plant not only green leafy veggies, make sure to have medicinal plants as well.
✔Oregano is a very effective herbal to treat coughs, you can pound at least 3 leaves and extract or boil the leaves with malunggay and Guava leaves perfect for coffee.
✔Insulin plant best for diabetics, if in case you run out of meds, a piece of insulin plant will act as a first aid..the leaves may also be use as a substitute for banana leaves to wrap fish for pinangat.
✔Calamansi, growing them to fruit is easy, but maintaining the buds until maturity is hard. Throw vegetable or fruit peels at the base of the tree and always water them. Using alkaline water is better.
✔Green leafy vegetables like camote tops and Kangkong – these are easy to grow plants and you will find harvesting leaves in just a matter of 1 to 2 weeks.
2. CARPENTRY – Time to do some fixtures at home.
3. Keep the Friendship alive Say Hi to old friends and reunite via video call. Take the time to wish each other well. Life is too short. Short conversations with friends help boost one’s self esteem, keeps stress away and strengthen our immunity.
4. Finish your backlogs
We often have wishful thinking – if only I have more time – if only I can finish this or that – then, NOW IS THE TIME TO DO IT!
📍Take at least 2 to 3 hours to do the following:
- Finish pending Reports at work or for your inventory
- Improve your social media pages (there are new features in Facebook page like instant reply which you can take this chance. Highlight on brand awareness rather than selling
- De-clutter emails
- Edit and post photos that still sits on your cellphone’s storage
5. Enroll in online classes
Learn new skills or new knowledge by taking a FREE ONLINE Course care of Harvard University. Check the site here https://www.edx.org/school/harvardx, it is definitely optional to sign up for a Certificate. You can make use of the courses there without paying a penny.
6. Explore different cultures
One of the best thing that I did this quarantine was to go back to our basic roots of belief which is Judaism. Since Holy Week, I was literally got glued studying the Jewish people, Judaism and Hebrew prayer, getting to know G-d deeper. I registered at http://www.chabad.org, and subscribe to different YouTube channels like https://www.youtube.com/user/JewsforJudaismCanada. And this Havdallah Song (separation, usually sang at the end of Shabbath). Good thing that they are now virtually reaching out to the world.
7. Go Digital – Upgrade yourselves by applying to various online jobs, this way we can lessen our worries over future financial problems at the same time it will help us learn new skills, and prepare us for a new job after ECQ.
Or enroll and get TEFL Certified MY TEFL – Online Teaching Course
Or try any of the Online Courses at FREE TESDA ONLINE COURSES
8. Or just try any of the activities listed below from Happy and Busy Travels . The Quarantine Master Quiz is a fun way to tick off the never-ending list of things to do during the Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) / Lockdown, hence for sure you will never get bored.
The Enhanced Community Quarantine or Lockdown in other countries steal us some time to rest, to fix our homes, bond with our family and improve ourselves.
We hope you are all safe. Stay healthy. Stay connected!
What activities have you done so far during this quarantine? Feel free to share in the comment section.